Child Sexual Abuse (4319/20)
I would like to request under Freedom of Information the following information
- The total costs to your force for the Independent Inquiry into Child Sexual Abuse (IICSA) to date. Please breakdown whether the costs are legal representation or staffing or other matters
- The number of officers working on inquiries generated by referrals from the inquiry
- The number of referrals your force has received from the inquiry including the Truth Project.
- How many of these referrals have led to a criminal investigation?
- How many of the suspects referred by the inquiry or the Truth Project are dead? How investigations have been launched into referrals relating to a dead suspect?
- How many referrals have been received where no suspect is identified?
- How many officers are working on investigations resulting from the inquiry in which the suspect is dead?
Please find attached our response.
Every effort is made to ensure that the figures presented are accurate and complete. However, it is important to note that these data have been extracted from a number of data sources used by forces for police purposes. The detail collected to respond specifically to your request is subject to the inaccuracies inherent in any large scale recording system. As a consequence, care should be taken to ensure data collection processes and their inevitable limitations are taken into account when interpreting those data.
The figures provided therefore are our best interpretation of relevance of data to your request, but you should be aware that the collation of figures for ad hoc requests may have limitations and this should be taken into account when those data are used.
If you decide to write an article / use the enclosed data we would ask you to take into consideration the factors highlighted in this document so as to not mislead members of the public or official bodies, or misrepresent the relevance of the whole or any part of this disclosed material.