Car Seat Offences (10526_16)
Please can you provide figures for over each of the past 3 years relating to the below offences recorded by your police force (Calendar Years; 2013, 2014 & 2015).
- a) Carry child in rear-facing restraint in front seat w/o deactivated airbag
- b) Child front – Failing to wear seat belt
- c) Child rear – Failing to wear seat belt
- d) Drive motor vehicle with child U. 3 yrs not wearing rear seat belt
- e) Rear seat belt not fitted – child under 12 year and not 150 cm tall
- f) Adult front passenger – Failing to wear seat belt
- g) Adult rear passenger – Failing to wear seat belt
- h) Driver – Failing to wear seat belt
Please find attached (10526_attachment_01.pdf).
Every effort is made to ensure that the figures presented are accurate and complete. However, it is important to note that these data have been extracted from a number of data sources used by forces for police purposes. The detail collected to respond specifically to your request is subject to the inaccuracies inherent in any large scale recording system. As a consequence, care should be taken to ensure data collection processes and their inevitable limitations are taken into account when interpreting those data.
The figures provided therefore are our best interpretation of relevance of data to your request, but you should be aware that the collation of figures for ad hoc requests may have limitations and this should be taken into account when those data are used.