Body Worn Video (1145A/20)
I am looking for statistics on Body Camera Usage by Police Officers and PCSO’S from the period of the 16th of March to the 31st of July.
If possible, it would be most helpful if you could provide the following information for between this time period, the 16th of March to the 31st of July:
1) Total number of incidents/cases where Body Worn Video cameras were used during this period
2) Total number of successful convictions/court outcomes where Body Worn Video Camera footage was used as evidence
3) Total number of court cases where defendant was found ‘not guilty’ where Body Worn Video Camera footage was used as evidence
Please find our response below.
1) No recorded information held. However, in order to assist, please see below figure for total finalised cases involving BWV:
March – July (inclusive): 1,830
2) March – July (inclusive): 1,544
3) March – July (inclusive): 188 (plus 98 administrative disposals not amounting to a conviction)