Body Worn Cameras (404A/20)
I am writing under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 to request information about your force’s use of BWC.
- Does your force use body worn cameras?
i. If the answer is yes please indicate whether this is part of a trial or if the technology has been adopted on a permanent basis ?
- How many body worn cameras has your force purchased?
- How much has your force spent on body worn cameras?
- Please provide the make, model and manufacturer of the body worn cameras you have purchased.
- How many times has the evidence gained from body worn cameras been used in court?
Please breakdown between the following:
- The number of successful cases.
- The number of unsuccessful cases.
iii. Where and for how long is the footage held?
- Please provide documentation relating to the results of any trial of body worn cameras that your force has undertaken.
Please find attached our response.
Every effort is made to ensure that the figures presented are accurate and complete. However, it is important to note that these data have been extracted from a number of data sources used by forces for police purposes. The detail collected to respond specifically to your request is subject to the inaccuracies inherent in any large scale recording system. As a consequence, care should be taken to ensure data collection processes and their inevitable limitations are taken into account when interpreting those data.
The figures provided therefore are our best interpretation of relevance of data to your request, but you should be aware that the collation of figures for ad hoc requests may have limitations and this should be taken into account when those data are used.
If you decide to write an article / use the enclosed data we would ask you to take into consideration the factors highlighted in this document so as to not mislead members of the public or official bodies, or misrepresent the relevance of the whole or any part of this disclosed material.