BAME Employees (349A/20)
I would like data relating to Black and Minor Ethnic (BAME) employees. Please can you confirm;
1) how many people in total are employed by WMP
2) how many of these are BAME
3) what gender they identify themselves as
4) what pay scales these BAME employee are on
5) how many employees from BAME backgrounds are in a minimum of sergeant or higher role
6) how many 16-25 year old are employed by WMP
7) how many disabled people are employed by WMP
8) how many identify themselves as ‘carers’
9) how many grievances were made by BAME employees in year 2019
10) what unions (if any) work with WMP
Please find attached our response.
Every effort is made to ensure that the figures presented are accurate and complete. However, it is important to note that these data have been extracted from a number of data sources used by forces for police purposes. The detail collected to respond specifically to your request is subject to the inaccuracies inherent in any large scale recording system. As a consequence, care should be taken to ensure data collection processes and their inevitable limitations are taken into account when interpreting those data.
The figures provided therefore are our best interpretation of relevance of data to your request, but you should be aware that the collation of figures for ad hoc requests may have limitations and this should be taken into account when those data are used.
If you decide to write an article / use the enclosed data we would ask you to take into consideration the factors highlighted in this document so as to not mislead members of the public or official bodies, or misrepresent the relevance of the whole or any part of this disclosed material.