1) Could you please state the number of people West Midlands Police currently has on bail?
2) How many of these have been on bail for more than six months?
3) How many of these have been on bail for more than 1 year?
4) How many of these have been on bail for more than three years?
5) What time period is currently the longest someone has been on bail currently and any further details you can provide?
Where possible could you breakdown the figures into area?
Please find attached and below our response which is based on current bail periods and does not include expired bail.
Q5 – The longest current bail period is 1208 days.
Every effort is made to ensure that the figures presented are accurate and complete. However, it is important to note that these data have been extracted from a number of data sources used by forces for police purposes. The detail collected to respond specifically to your request is subject to the inaccuracies inherent in any large scale recording system. As a consequence, care should be taken to ensure data collection processes and their inevitable limitations are taken into account when interpreting those data.
The figures provided therefore are our best interpretation of relevance of data to your request, but you should be aware that the collation of figures for ad hoc requests may have limitations and this should be taken into account when those data are used.
If you decide to write an article / use the enclosed data we would ask you to take into consideration the factors highlighted in this document so as to not mislead members of the public or official bodies, or misrepresent the relevance of the whole or any part of this disclosed material.