Armed Officers (483A/20)
- How many armed officers are there employed in the force?
- How many of these are from BAME backgrounds?
- How many are, specifically, black?
- How many of these armed units have shot and killed in the last five years?
- How many people killed by these armed units have been BAME?
- How many people killed by these armed units have been, specifically, black?
- How many people have these armed units have shot and wounded in the last five years?
- How many people wounded by these armed units have been BAME?
- How many people wounded by these armed units have been, specifically, black?
- Can, if costs allow, this data be broken down year by year? If costs do not allow, can the total numbers be provided for the last five years, which are 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, and 2019. If the force collects data by financial year this is 2015/6, 2016/7, 2017/8, 2018/9, and 2019/2020.
I would like the information in questions 1-3 for all requested years.
Please find attached our response.
Every effort is made to ensure that the figures presented are accurate and complete. However, it is important to note that these data have been extracted from a number of data sources used by forces for police purposes. The detail collected to respond specifically to your request is subject to the inaccuracies inherent in any large scale recording system. As a consequence, care should be taken to ensure data collection processes and their inevitable limitations are taken into account when interpreting those data.
The figures provided therefore are our best interpretation of relevance of data to your request, but you should be aware that the collation of figures for ad hoc requests may have limitations and this should be taken into account when those data are used.
If you decide to write an article / use the enclosed data we would ask you to take into consideration the factors highlighted in this document so as to not mislead members of the public or official bodies, or misrepresent the relevance of the whole or any part of this disclosed material.