999/101 Calls (16317_18)
- Please state the total number of incident reports received each calendar year (monthly if available) on 999, 101 and online (separately).
- Please state the total number of calls that have been missed (e.g. if a caller dropped the phone before connecting to an operator) each year (monthly), separately for 999 and 101.
- Please state the median time (minutes) that callers had to wait on the line before connecting to an operator each year (monthly), separately for 999 and 101. If it is more convenient to provide total waiting times instead, please do so.
- Please provide the target times to pick up 999 and 101 calls if they exist.
- Please state the longest waiting time to speak to an operator for 999 and 101 each year (monthly).
Please find attached our response and note that all data has been retrieved from Signals from Noise (SfN)
Every effort is made to ensure that the figures presented are accurate and complete. However, it is important to note that these data have been extracted from a number of data sources used by forces for police purposes. The detail collected to respond specifically to your request is subject to the inaccuracies inherent in any large scale recording system. As a consequence, care should be taken to ensure data collection processes and their inevitable limitations are taken into account when interpreting those data.