I am currently undertaking a study into the use of mapping applications/software, Geospatial Information Systems, and Gazetteers (Residential and commercial Address* location) within UK emergency services. These type of applications are typically used within the analytics (Crime and Intelligence) and/or Command and Control environments.
Can you please provide the information as requested below, and detailed in the example table?
- Supplier, software applications, and mapping data used within your organisation.
- Supplier, software application, version, used for investigations, and intelligence (e.g. Holmes, Memex)
- When your current contract(s) for GIS software, corporate gazetteer software, mapping data, and command and control applications were:
- initially awarded
- extended (if applicable)
- Who were these contracts were awarded to?
- Whether each of the above contracts was awarded via
- competitive process, if so which process (e.g. OJEU)
- single source contract (uncompeted)
- extension of an existing framework (please detail framework e.g. bluelight)?
- If any contracts are an extension of an existing framework please can you confirm whether the organisation has an option to extend this framework again at the end of the current contract?
- Please also comment if shared service with a local authority or another force.
- Additional for each supplier can you please provide the details as per the example in the table
Please find attached our response.
Every effort is made to ensure that the figures presented are accurate and complete. However, it is important to note that these data have been extracted from a number of data sources used by forces for police purposes. The detail collected to respond specifically to your request is subject to the inaccuracies inherent in any large scale recording system. As a consequence, care should be taken to ensure data collection processes and their inevitable limitations are taken into account when interpreting those data.
The figures provided therefore are our best interpretation of relevance of data to your request, but you should be aware that the collation of figures for ad hoc requests may have limitations and this should be taken into account when those data are used.
If you decide to write an article / use the enclosed data we would ask you to take into consideration the factors highlighted in this document so as to not mislead members of the public or official bodies, or misrepresent the relevance of the whole or any part of this disclosed material.