Subject: Sexual Harm Prevention Order (SHPO)
- I would like to ask West Midlands Police if it has applied for a SHPO with a foreign travel restriction provision since the order was introduced last March.
- I would also like to ask how many of these applications were successful and details of those applications – in terms of the name of the person subject to the order, the type of restriction imposed and the date the restriction was imposed.
- Prior to the implementation of the SHPO in March, I would like to ask West Midlands Police how many Foreign Travel Orders were successfully applied for in the previous five years.
- No information held, West Midlands Police has not applied for a SHPO with a Foreign Travel restriction since the order was introduced.
- No information held (see 1 above)
- Prior to the implementation of SHPOs, WMP has successfully applied for two Foreign Travel Orders in the past five years.
Every effort is made to ensure that the figures presented are accurate and complete. However, it is important to note that these data have been extracted from a number of data sources used by forces for police purposes. The detail collected to respond specifically to your request is subject to the inaccuracies inherent in any large scale recording system. As a consequence, care should be taken to ensure data collection processes and their inevitable limitations are taken into account when interpreting those data.
The figures provided therefore are our best interpretation of relevance of data to your request, but you should be aware that the collation of figures for ad hoc requests may have limitations and this should be taken into account when those data are used.
If you decide to write an article / use the enclosed data we would ask you to take into consideration the factors highlighted in this document so as to not mislead members of the public or official bodies, or misrepresent the relevance of the whole or any part of this disclosed material.