Since 2012, sex offenders required to sign the register have been able to apply to be removed under section 91F(1) of the Sexual Offences Act 2003 as amended on July 30 2012. (https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/170618/review-notification-requirements.pdf)
- Can you tell me how many applications for removal from the sex offenders’ register that this police force received from 1/9/12 to 6/1/2016(both dates inclusive).
- How many of these applications were approved?
- In the case of each approved application, please indicate
the nature of the offence the offender committed
- Has any offender who was removed from the sex offender’s register subsequently committed a sex crime?
If so, in each case please indicate
- a) the nature of the offences for which he/she was originally added to the register
- b) the nature of the offences committed after he/she was removed from the register
I would like to receive this information in electronic form, preferably on a spreadsheet.
Please find attached our response.