Could you please provide information on the following:
1. How many full time (warranted) police officers did the constabulary have based in schools, in 2016?
2. How many police community support officers (PCSOs) did the constabulary have based in schools, in 2016?
3. How many schools in the constabulary area had an officer based there (not including `named officers¿ who are not based in a school), in 2016?
4. Does the constabulary have any plans to:
a) Expand the number of officers based in schools?
b) Reduce the number of officers based in schools?
5. Does the constabulary have a specific training programme in place for school based police officers?
6. How many schools within the boundary of the constabulary had a formal agreement in place with the force to work together (i.e. how many schools were part of a Safer Schools Partnership), in 2016?
7. Could you also provide a copy of your constabulary’s response to a request made in 2014 asking for exactly the same information for 2010, 2012, and 2014.
Please find attached our response.
Every effort is made to ensure that the figures presented are accurate and complete. However, it is important to note that these data have been extracted from a number of data sources used by forces for police purposes. The detail collected to respond specifically to your request is subject to the inaccuracies inherent in any large scale recording system. As a consequence, care should be taken to ensure data collection processes and their inevitable limitations are taken into account when interpreting those data.
The figures provided therefore are our best interpretation of relevance of data to your request, but you should be aware that the collation of figures for ad hoc requests may have limitations and this should be taken into account when those data are used.
If you decide to write an article / use the enclosed data we would ask you to take into consideration the factors highlighted in this document so as to not mislead members of the public or official bodies, or misrepresent the relevance of the whole or any part of this disclosed material.