1) Do you have a category/label on your crime/incident database that differentiates if they occurred in rural or urban areas? Yes / No
- i) If Yes, What classification system do you use to differentiate between urban and rural areas when recording crimes/incidents? (e.g. the National system or local one, please specify the categories)
2) Are you able to tag/label crimes/incidents that occur on farmland on your database? Yes / No
- i) If Yes, what is this tag/label?
- ii) How many times has it been used since 2010?
(Please provide a breakdown of the recorded offences under this tag/label if applicable e.g. sheep worrying, rustling/theft of livestock, farm equipment theft etc.)
3) Since 2014 how many crimes have been recorded by the force under the Wildlife Crime Home Office Code (96)?
(Please provide a breakdown of the recorded offences under this code e.g. CITEs Offences, Poaching, Hare Coursing etc.)
4) Do all officers in your force have access to GPS equipment to record the Eastings and Northings of where crimes have occurred? Yes / No
Please could the information be given for the period between 2010 to present where applicable.
Please find attached our response.
Every effort is made to ensure that the figures presented are accurate and complete. However, it is important to note that these data have been extracted from a number of data sources used by forces for police purposes. The detail collected to respond specifically to your request is subject to the inaccuracies inherent in any large scale recording system. As a consequence, care should be taken to ensure data collection processes and their inevitable limitations are taken into account when interpreting those data.
The figures provided therefore are our best interpretation of relevance of data to your request, but you should be aware that the collation of figures for ad hoc requests may have limitations and this should be taken into account when those data are used.
If you decide to write an article / use the enclosed data we would ask you to take into consideration the factors highlighted in this document so as to not mislead members of the public or official bodies, or misrepresent the relevance of the whole or any part of this disclosed material.