Refined Request – rec 08/05
1. How many police vehicles have been involved in traffic collisions in each of the last three financial years (2016-17, 2017-18 and 2018-19)?
2. Looking at these incidents, how many fatalities were there in each of the three financial years? If possible, please break down the figures to show how many of these deaths were: a) police officers, b) the driver/rider of a suspect vehicle, or c) members of the public?
3. Please would you provide settlement costs arising from legal claims from third parties following road traffic collisions involving West Midlands Police vehicles for each of the three financial years.
4. For each of the last three financial years (2016-17, 2017-18 and 2018-19), how many repairs were carried out to police vehicles? Please clarify whether or not these figures include any vehicles written off.
5. For each of the last three financial years (2016-17, 2017-18 and 2018-19), how many police vehicles were written off?
6. What were the costs of repairing the damage or replacing the vehicles in 2016-17, 2017-18 and 2018-19?
Please see attached our response .
Please note that these data should be interpreted with caution.
Every effort is made to ensure that the figures presented are accurate and complete. However, it is important to note that these data have been extracted from a number of data sources used by forces for police purposes. The detail collected to respond specifically to your request is subject to the inaccuracies inherent in any large scale recording system. As a consequence, care should be taken to ensure data collection processes and their inevitable limitations are taken into account when interpreting those data.
The figures provided therefore are our best interpretation of relevance of data to your request, but you should be aware that the collation of figures for ad hoc requests may have limitations and this should be taken into account when those data are used.
If you decide to write an article / use the enclosed data we would ask you to take into consideration the factors highlighted in this document so as to not mislead members of the public or official bodies, or misrepresent the relevance of the whole or any part of this disclosed material.