- The number of police recruits for your force in the 2015/16, 2016/17 and 2017/18 (to date)
- The number of police recruits who failed drugs screening tests before employment in the years specified in question 1.
- If possible, please give the drug(s) which were found in positive tests.
- For the recruits who failed the drugs tests how many were
a) hired (if any)
b) charged, cautioned or otherwise dealt with according to police drugs procedures
For 4 b) please provide a break down of all outcomes, if there are any.
- For the recruits who failed drugs tests please break down the roles for which they were applying.
I define a ‘police recruit’ as anyone who has applied for a full or part-time role in your force. This includes PCSOs, police staff and other roles besides PCs and other police officer roles. If this data isn’t available, please limit it to police officer positions only.
Please find attached our response.
Every effort is made to ensure that the figures presented are accurate and complete. However, it is important to note that these data have been extracted from a number of data sources used by forces for police purposes. The detail collected to respond specifically to your request is subject to the inaccuracies inherent in any large scale recording system. As a consequence, care should be taken to ensure data collection processes and their inevitable limitations are taken into account when interpreting those data.
The figures provided therefore are our best interpretation of relevance of data to your request, but you should be aware that the collation of figures for ad hoc requests may have limitations and this should be taken into account when those data are used.
If you decide to write an article / use the enclosed data we would ask you to take into consideration the factors highlighted in this document so as to not mislead members of the public or official bodies, or misrepresent the relevance of the whole or any part of this disclosed material.