- I’m currently undertaking a research study on the `Reliability of eyewitness identification evidence’. For the part of this study, I’m researching what current line-up procedure does your police force use with eyewitnesses when identifying suspects.
- Does your police force use sequential line-ups ? (all individuals are viewed one at a time), simultaneous line-ups? (all individuals are viewed at the same time), or does it use Viper (pre-recorded video recordings of individuals)?
- Please could you respond which type of identification process you use with reasons why you use that one.
- The main form of Identification that West Midlands Police uses is Video identification but as per the codes of practice other forms are available to use.
- Images are shown one at a time
- The Identification process follows PACE guidelines which is why they are followed.