The top five speeds recorded by a speed camera that exceeded the limit in your force area in 2014? In each case can you tell me the speed, what the speed limit was and the location?
During the period 01 January 2014 to 31 December 2014, the five highest speeds recorded by safety cameras were as follows:
1. 106mph – M6 Junction 5 to Junction 8 (50mph speed limit)
2. 105mph – A452 Collector Road (East Bound) between Lanchester Way and Birmingham Road (50mph speed limit)
3. 101mph – M42 South Bound between Junctions 7 & 6 (60mph speed limit)
4. 100mph – three locations – A4123 Birmingham New Road (40mph speed limit) Collector Road (West Bound) between Birmingham Road and Lanchester Way (50mph speed limit) A45 Stonebridge Highway (40mph speed limit)
5. 94mph – two locations – Collector Road (West Bound) between Birmingham Road and Lanchester Way (50mph speed limit) M6 North Bound between Junctions 4 & 5 – (60mph speed limit)
Every effort is made to ensure that the figures presented are accurate and complete. However, it is important to note that these data have been extracted from a number of data sources used by forces for police purposes. The detail collected to respond specifically to your request is subject to the inaccuracies inherent in any large scale recording system. As a consequence, care should be taken to ensure data collection processes and their inevitable limitations are taken into account when interpreting those data.
The figures provided therefore are our best interpretation of relevance of data to your request, but you should be aware that the collation of figures for ad hoc requests may have limitations and this should be taken into account when those data are used.
If you decide to write an article / use the enclosed data we would ask you to take into consideration the factors highlighted in this document so as to not mislead members of the public or official bodies, or misrepresent the relevance of the whole or any part of this disclosed material.