- How many Firearm Certificates (FAC) are currently issued by West-Midlands that allow the possession of handguns (short firearms)[not including long barrelled revolvers and long barrelled .22lr pistols]?
- How many of these have been issued for the purposes of ‘humane dispatch’, with that condition being entered onto the certificate?
- How many of the handguns issued for ‘humane dispatch’ have additional conditions entered onto the holder’s FAC?
- What additional conditions (if any) have been entered onto the firearms certificates?
- What reasons are used to justify additional conditions for handguns issued for ‘humane dispatch’?
- For those handguns not issued for ‘humane dispatch’, what are the reasons for issue?
- How many of the handguns not issued for ‘humane dispatch’ have additional conditions entered onto the FAC?
- What are the additional conditions placed on ownership of non ‘humane dispatch’ handguns?
- What reasons are used to justify the additional conditions placed on the ownership of handguns not for ‘humane dispatch’?
Please find attached our response.
Every effort is made to ensure that the figures presented are accurate and complete. However, it is important to note that these data have been extracted from a number of data sources used by forces for police purposes. The detail collected to respond specifically to your request is subject to the inaccuracies inherent in any large scale recording system. As a consequence, care should be taken to ensure data collection processes and their inevitable limitations are taken into account when interpreting those data.
The figures provided therefore are our best interpretation of relevance of data to your request, but you should be aware that the collation of figures for ad hoc requests may have limitations and this should be taken into account when those data are used.
If you decide to write an article / use the enclosed data we would ask you to take into consideration the factors highlighted in this document so as to not mislead members of the public or official bodies, or misrepresent the relevance of the whole or any part of this disclosed material.