1) The number(s) of crime scene investigators/examiners/scenes of crime officers, at your organisation, by year, from 2009 to 2015.
2) The recruitment criteria used for hiring new CSEs, in advertisements and job postings by the Human Resources department of your organisation. Electronic copies of these would be ideal, but if not possible, scanned paper copies are fine as well.
3) The financial spending, specific to crime scene investigation, by year, from 2009 to 2015.
4) The financial spending, specific to laboratory work, by year, from 2009 to 2015
5) The overall financial spending on scientific support units in your organisation from 2009 to 2015, by year.
Please find attached our response.
Every effort is made to ensure that the figures presented are accurate and complete. However, it is important to note that these data have been extracted from a number of data sources used by forces for police purposes. The detail collected to respond specifically to your request is subject to the inaccuracies inherent in any large scale recording system. As a consequence, care should be taken to ensure data collection processes and their inevitable limitations are taken into account when interpreting those data.
The figures provided therefore are our best interpretation of relevance of data to your request, but you should be aware that the collation of figures for ad hoc requests may have limitations and this should be taken into account when those data are used.
If you decide to write an article / use the enclosed data we would ask you to take into consideration the factors highlighted in this document so as to not mislead members of the public or official bodies, or misrepresent the relevance of the whole or any part of this disclosed material.