1) How many people are there currently employed in the department which handles communication/media relations?
2) What are their posts/job titles and pay grade.
3) How many people were employed in this department in 2010?
4) Is this number expected to increase or decrease over the next three years?
5) Are there any warranted police officers currently working in the communications/media relations department?
a. If yes, how many and what are their job titles
b. If not, when was the last time a warranted officer was employed/worked in communications/media relations.
6) Has the position of head of the communications/media relations department ever been held by a warranted police officer? If so, when was this?
7) What is the budget for the communications/media relations department for 2013/2014 and 2015/2016?
8) Is the budget expected to increase or decrease over the next three years?
Please find attached our response.
Please note that these data should be interpreted with caution. Every effort is made to ensure that the figures presented are accurate and complete. However, it is important to note that these data have been extracted from a number of data sources used by forces for police purposes. The detail collected to respond specifically to your request is subject to the inaccuracies inherent in any large scale recording system. As a consequence, care should be taken to ensure data collection processes and their inevitable limitations are taken into account when interpreting those data.
The figures provided therefore are our best interpretation of relevance of data to your request, but you should be aware that the collation of figures for ad hoc requests may have limitations and this should be taken into account when those data are used.
If you decide to write an article / use the enclosed data we would ask you to take into consideration the factors highlighted in this document so as to not mislead members of the public or official bodies, or misrepresent the relevance of the whole or any part of this disclosed material.