1. Software as a Service (SaaS) is a software distribution model in which applications are hosted by a vendor or service provider and made available to customers over a network, typically the Internet.
2. E-commerce hosting is a business that furnishes merchants with solutions for selling their merchandise online. The merchant is typically billed monthly for using space on the hosting company’s server. Software is also leased for online order processing. E-commerce hosting businesses usually manage all the technical facets of commercial website development and maintenance for their clients. E-commerce hosting can also include electronic data interchange (EDI).
3. Exchange Hosting is a service in the telecommunications industry whereby a provider makes a Microsoft e-mail box and space available on a server so its clients can host their data on the server. The provider manages the hosted data of its clients on the server.
4. Web Hosting is the activity or business of providing storage space and access for websites.
5. VOIP Hosting is a methodology and group of technologies for the delivery of voice communications and multimedia sessions over Internet Protocol (IP) networks, such as the Internet. Other terms commonly associated with VoIP are IP telephony, Internet telephony, voice over broadband (VoBB), broadband telephony, IP communications, and broadband phone service.
6. Contact Centre: A hosted contact centre offers all the utilities associated with running a customer service outfit with a pay-as-you-go plan. This means that managers don’t need to buy prohibitively expensive hardware, instead they can add software as needed and get deeper in their involvement as they grow.
7. Unified communications is the integration of real-time communication services such as instant messaging, presence information, telephony, video conferencing, data sharing, call control and speech recognition with non-real-time communication services such as unified messaging.
If none of the contract above apply to the organisation please can you state the reasons why. If however the services I have request is hosted internally please can you state this within the response as well as providing me information on the annual average spend and the internal contact for that particular type of hosting.
Please find our response attached (5212_Attachment_01).
1. There are no recorded review dates for the contracts attached. Approximately a year before the Civica contract expires, the WMP will decide whether to extend the contract until 30/04/20 or take the contract out to tender.
2. We do not hold contracts for Software as a Service, E-Commerce Hosting and Exchange Hosting.
3. The Maintel Contract covers the telephony aspect of the contact centre and the unified communications.