Many public sector organisations use a ‘community messaging’ or ‘neighbourhood alert’ system whereby members of the public and other local community groups can sign up or subscribe to receive alerts from your organisation via email, automated voice call or SMS text message. It’s a system your force would typically use to send messages about incidents, missing persons or other urgent issues.
1. Does your organisation currently use such a system?
2. If so, which one? (e.g. Ringmaster, Neighbourhood Alert, Owl, bespoke/developed in-house etc.)
3. If it was developed in-house, how long ago and at what cost?
4. Which message sending methods does it support from the following: email, SMS, voice call, Twitter, Facebook?
5. Approximately how many active users/subscribers does it have across each message sending method?
6. Can you please provide a copy of the contract with your supplier? (if applicable)
7. Can you please specify the contract end date? (if applicable)
8. Does your organisation use the Government’s G-cloud/CloudStore platform to purchase IT and software? If not, when do you plan to do so?
Please find attached (4811_attachment_01.pdf).