Please provide the following information, for your jurisdiction, with regard to Police Escorting of Abnormal Indivisible Loads (AIL) as described by The Road Vehicles (Authorisation of Special Types) (General) Order 2003.
- How many abnormal load notifications were received between April 2017 ¿ April 2018?
- How many AIL police escorts were undertaken between April 2017 ¿ April 2018?
- What is the total invoiced amount for these escorts?
- What is the total amount which remains unpaid for the escorts?
- Out of the total amount unpaid how much has been `written off¿ as bad debt?
Please find attached our response.
Every effort is made to ensure that the figures presented are accurate and complete. However, it is important to note that these data have been extracted from a number of data sources used by forces for police purposes. The detail collected to respond specifically to your request is subject to the inaccuracies inherent in any large scale recording system. As a consequence, care should be taken to ensure data collection processes and their inevitable limitations are taken into account when interpreting those data.
The figures provided therefore are our best interpretation of relevance of data to your request, but you should be aware that the collation of figures for ad hoc requests may have limitations and this should be taken into account when those data are used.