Please provide the following information, for your jurisdiction, with regard to Police Escorting of Abnormal Indivisible Loads (AIL) as described by The Road Vehicles (Authorisation of Special Types) (General) Order 2003.
1. How many abnormal load notifications were received between April 2016 ¿ April 2017?
2. How many AIL police escorts were undertaken between April 2016 ¿ April 2017?
3. What is the total invoiced amount for these escorts?
4. What is the total amount which remains unpaid for the escorts?
5. Out of the total amount unpaid how much has been `written off¿ as bad debt?
Please find enclosed our response.
Please note that these data should be interpreted with caution.
Every effort is made to ensure that the figures presented are accurate and complete. However, it is important to note that these data have been extracted from a number of data sources used by forces for police purposes. The detail collected to respond specifically to your request is subject to the inaccuracies inherent in any large scale recording system. As a consequence, care should be taken to ensure data collection processes and their inevitable limitations are taken into account when interpreting those data.
The figures provided therefore are our best interpretation of relevance of data to your request, but you should be aware that the collation of figures for ad hoc requests may have limitations and this should be taken into account when those data are used.
1. How many abnormal load notifications were received between April 2016 / April 2017?
This information is not recorded centrally recorded , therefore to assist you based on an average of 200 notifications per day less Dispensation requests and ‘information only’ emails, we estimate we received in excess of 50,000 notifications for 2016/2017.
2. How many AIL police escorts were undertaken between April 2016 and April 2017?
There were none between these dates.
3. What is the total invoiced amount for these escorts? None.
4. What is the total amount which remains unpaid for the escorts? None.
5. Out of the total amount unpaid how much has been `written off as bad debt? None.
If you decide to write an article / use the enclosed data we would ask you to take into consideration the factors highlighted in this document so as to not mislead members of the public or official bodies, or misrepresent the relevance of the whole or any part of this disclosed material.